About Me

My photo
I am currently 3rd grade teacher at West Burlington Elementary School in West Burlington, Iowa. I'm in my ninth year of teaching at the same school I attended from K-12. I pursuing my Master's degree in Instructional Technology through the University of Northern Iowa and I am so excited about this adventure.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Blooming Technology


Eight or nine years ago, when I was pursuing my teaching degree we discussed and went over the importance of Bloom's Taxonomy. Yada yadaaa yadaaa, was what it kind of sounded like coming from the professors at the time. Today, there is a whole new perspective with the integration of technology and more importantly Web 2.0 tools and applications. It is very interesting to see the ways that these tools can be using in assessing different levels of Bloom's. The picture gives a great visual and could be very helpful when presenting tools to other educators.

3 comments:

  1. Have you seen the updated version of this?

    http://visualblooms.wikispaces.com/

    I have both on my wiki page about ways to choose the right (Web 2.0) tool:

    http://webtools4u2use.wikispaces.com/Finding+the+Right+Tool

    I think Bloom's taxonomy is one of those things that makes more sense the more you teach, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Donna... Thank you for that link. I had not seen the new version yet. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new pyramid. Perfect for 2.0!

    ReplyDelete