About Me

My photo
I am currently 3rd grade teacher at West Burlington Elementary School in West Burlington, Iowa. I'm in my ninth year of teaching at the same school I attended from K-12. I pursuing my Master's degree in Instructional Technology through the University of Northern Iowa and I am so excited about this adventure.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Time vs. Trouble

www.bing.com/images

As educators we face numerous responsibilities. We are not just teachers. Our positions also require us to be secretaries, record keepers, counselors, curriculum creators, coaches, referees, nurses, students, organizers, janitors, entertainers, etc. etc. etc. When we look into finding, adopting, and using technology in our classrooms, we want, no.... we need, something efficient and effective. Some may be interested in integrating technology, but because of time restraints we hesitate. I would love to have the time and resources to create endless technology experiences for my students. Reality naturally forces us to collaborate with others to make this happen. There are many resourceful sites that are available to teachers for just this purpose. I am so excited for the adventure that the Instructional Technology cohort is taking me on. I hope to share with my collegues the interesting ideas I gain throughout the process, as well as encourage them to dive deeper into the world of technology.

Here are some resources I have found useful. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://classroomtech.org/

2 comments:

  1. I agree time is always an issue for me!! With math and reading taking up half of my day it's hard to get anything else in. I'm really excited about our classes as well and all the ideas I have been getting from everyone in our classes. I'm hoping that I can get other teachers on board with integrating technology as well so that they come into my classroom with more experience than they have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time is an issue with all of us. I am always trying to figure out how to integrate the latest techno gadget into my classes, and sometimes it works . . .
    I have decided that integrating one-step-at-a-time is a good way to go.

    Z

    ReplyDelete