About Me

My photo
I am currently 3rd grade teacher at West Burlington Elementary School in West Burlington, Iowa. I'm in my ninth year of teaching at the same school I attended from K-12. I pursuing my Master's degree in Instructional Technology through the University of Northern Iowa and I am so excited about this adventure.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

EMERGING Technology


Our first day on campus was pretty interesting... I arrived Sunday evening and checked into my dorm room. Bare necessities to say the least. I never experienced dorm life before so this is a first for me. Dinner that evening with some of my classmates was lovely, but as I returned to my room I noticed someone else's things. I have a roommate? I did not request a roommate! Huh? Well... due to a mistake in the office I spent my first evening with a stranger, but whatever, it was fine. Mistake was fixed Monday morning.


Class was great! Information overload... good stuff! We got our computers registered for campus internet, explored some great tools and even Skyped with the Cool Cat Teacher, Vicki Davis. Awesome! I started on an interesting little project with my group and was off for what I thought was going to be an evening of (a little shopping) and catching up on RWLD's. Evidently, the internets Gods had something else in mind. The dorms are evidently still EMERGING on the whole technology thing. Sunday night we could not get online, because we did not have an ethernet cord and no wireless. Monday night, we just couldn't get on. Frustration! After about 40 minutes of trying... I gave up the quest for online information for the evening. I came up to this wonderful place to EXPAND my knowledge of technology and I feel like I stepped back 10 years. How ironic! Hopefully we can EMERGE a bit faster!


No comments:

Post a Comment