About Me

My photo
I am currently 3rd grade teacher at West Burlington Elementary School in West Burlington, Iowa. I'm in my ninth year of teaching at the same school I attended from K-12. I pursuing my Master's degree in Instructional Technology through the University of Northern Iowa and I am so excited about this adventure.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mom Madness



Photo: www.tweedlehop.com


As I traveled across town this evening to meet a friend for dinner, I was fretting about all the other things I could or should be doing this evening. Still, I ventured over to a little Mexican spot for some delicious dinner. Upon returning to my cubical of a dorm room, I broke out my laptop and sat it down in front of me... What to start on first: Updating/finish creating my PLN (personal learning network), RWLD (readings, watchings, learnings, doings), work on a project, read and respond to blogs... decided upon writing my own blog post of thoughts from today.

The last month or so I have felt so completely overwhelmed by the ending of my school year and all the wonderful things that go along with that, my daughters softball games, my nephews soccer & baseball games, cooking, cleaning, finishing a privacy fence and landscaping in the yard, running, working a second job, etc. etc. etc. Oh, and taking two graduate classes. I have to say that it has really been kind of wonderful to be up here on campus and be able to focus a one of these responsibilities whole-heartedly. The information that is being presented and explored throughout this class is astounding, I love it! I'm really thinking..."if we are being exposed to this much knowledge in the first class of this program, by the time I am done in two years I'm going to be soooooo intelligent!!" You might think this sounds silly, but I really thought I knew a lot about technology before I came here. Wow... so much more to learn and I can't wait for it to be pounded into my brain. I don't know that my brain can even hold all the information available but Dr. Z provided me with an article link about increasing brain power and its rather interesting. I think I might just try some of the suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog and the link. It was great to know that others feel that one's brain is getting foggy. Three times this weekend I walked into a room then couldn't remember what I was there for! I enjoyed the article you linked to. It was helpful for me to read, and I will try to follow some of that advice. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete